Exercising Choice is Everything.
Let’s break down Caring* and your current experiences in our healthcare system
- You came to nursing to Care*
- Healthcare is a beast to work in – the knowledge and pace demands are beyond belief and are growing
- Patient satisfaction is important to you … you keep trying to meet your patients expectations
- Healthcare organizations are focusing on formulaic caring in the race to higher satisfaction scores
- Nursing administrators have not found their national collective voice about Caring* in the current healthcare system
- You don’t feel that it is possible to engage in more Caring* in your current work environment
In the midst of these experiences in nursing practice …
Exercising Choices is Everything
Finding ways to connect more with patients is Everything
This is the reality… No matter how:
- Broken the current healthcare system is
- Distracted your organization’s leaders are
- Imperfect your nursing department is
One dimension of Caring* that only you can impact is your personal knowing – Your personal mindsets and self-awareness about your Caring*, your caring consciousness.
No matter where the healthcare system is or your nursing administrators are in their caring consciousness …
Your caring consciousness is the critical factor
And while the rest of our healthcare and nursing worlds are overhauling and transforming ….
You have a choice to start now in becoming more mindful about the Caring* experience you bring to your patient.
This is Not intended to create more pressure on YOU …. You already have enough pressure and guilt.
See this as a door opening. And it’s yours to open.
Start with these simple things ….
#1 – Know that these thoughts don’t help you and your desire to Care* more:
- “I don’t know how”
- “Do I care anymore?”
- “It doesn’t matter”
- “It’s impossible”
Instead, Ask yourself:
- If I did know how to Care*, what would it be?
- If I did care about my desire to Care*, what would I think about?
- If it did matter to Care* more often with patients, what would I do?
Caring* / Care* = Authentic Caring